Main Factors That Cause Highway Collisions
Highway accidents are quite common in the US, as many drivers commute to work daily. Unfortunately a second of negligence can cause great property and road damages as well as the lives of innocent people. That is why we must be always extremely attentive when driving behind the wheel. Each year the number of injured drivers is rapidly rising. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration proved that highway accidents are amongst the leading causes of death in most US states and are responsible for hundreds of thousands of severe personal injuries every year.
What are the most common reasons for highway accidents to happen?
Some of the main reasons that are key factors for the occurrence of highway accidents and the need of road negligence attorneys are:
1) Distracted driving – including speaking over the phone of the other passengers, texting, checking your e-mail, eating or drinking, playing with the stereo, picking up objects that were dropped and many more.
2) Mechanical vehicle issues – including brake failure, flat tires, issues with the steering wheel mechanism.
3) Bad weather and road conditions
4) Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
5) Exceeding the speed limit etc.
Sometimes more than one of those factors contributes to the occurrence of a highway accident and more than 1 person is to blame for the vehicle collision you were involved in. Such cases are a bit more complicated and need to be litigated by an expert and knowledgeable negligence attorney. If you fail to hire a well-reputed legal litigator you stand a high chance to skip your opportunity to get financially reimbursed for the damages you have sustained.
Regardless of whether the injuries you have sustained are mild or severe or if they are physical or mental, the law entitles you to get compensated for them. In order to receive adequate monetary restitution, you need to hire legal services. If you want to find a reputable personal injury attorney in the area and you have no idea how to get it started you can contact us for a free consultation.